Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Random Life Musings

Ok,  so lately my mind has been running on overdrive. I have yet to decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing :-S
First, I have noticed that my life has become a bit routine as of late, particularly with this new job. I find myself getting up at the same time, doing yoga at the same time, eating something similar for breakfast every day, etc, etc.
Why does this bug me? Most people find routines a comforting factor in their lives, while I tend to begrudge it's existence. 
It has come to the point where I have a desire to write down a bunch of random activities, place them in a hat, and draw one each day so as not to get bogged down by monotony. Is this feasible? Most likely no, but a splendid idea nonetheless.
I think I have a restless personality and this is why things like this are bugging me. I also have been thinking a lot about my future lately, so that is probably a key factor as well. I only have about a year or so left of school so the reality of life is setting in and I am having to do some major evaluating/planning. 
Perhaps my desire to branch out is based in the uncertainty I feel about the unknown. I don't want to become a robot for the remainder of my life. I would really rather keep my love of life and spontaneity intact thank you very much!  Will that be a possibility?  Perhaps not on the same level as packing up on a "whim" and moving half-way across the country, but I am fairly certain I can make my day to day fun and not mundane.
But how.......

No comments:

Post a Comment