Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Downward Dog Baybay

Tonight I pulled out my yoga mat for the first time in about 3 months.  Yes, it is 12 AM, and yes I decided to embark on this journey in hopes that I would get bleary-eyed and sleepy after stretching my limbs to their maximum capacity.  Alas, this was not the case. After the first 5 minutes I remembered why I love yoga. There is something exhilarating about reaching for something that you didn't think was possible. Stretching your limits until you think you can't anymore...and then going that extra little bit. Even after a quick 20 minute vinyasa round, I stand up feeling like I can conquer the world.
Which is precisely why I should not be doing this type of thing at O'Dark thirty in the morning.
Sigh.
I doubt if I will ever get to sleep.
Is it possible to conquer the world in the middle of the night?
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment