Friday, January 29, 2010

Updates

Ok, so I know that it has been a while since I last posted...but let me tell ya, my life has been one crazy hectic ball of craziness!
I am in the process of making a HUGE move, not only physically but emotionally as well. This move has really made me reevaluate the choices that I make and the things that I spend my time on, etc, etc. Needless to say, I have been spending a lot of time with my family and a lot of time packing, so this blog has slightly fallen by the wayside.
Now on to more pressing matters: Project Runway!
I am very into this season of Project Runway. Last season I was slightly disappointed. I didn't like the California vibe that exuded throughout the season...I can't really describe it any other way. However, this season has really gone the extra mile, and I look forward to the show every Thursday!
Last night, I was surprised at the challenge. I felt like it was way to early in the game to have the designers try and design something worthy of the Masters. I felt like that should be one of the last challenges. Maybe that is just me, but I think they need to be more innovative in the beginning (i.e the potato sack) and save the "pro" designs for later. Needless to say. I have already determined my favorites in this challenge, and I have high hopes for them.
First is Anna Lynette. Now, I usually pick designers based on my personal preference, however I really do think that she has a great vibe. I think that her romantic feel is something that is lacking in all of the other competitors. I also think that she understands wear-ability which is really important element in the design process. I think that as a Fashion Merchandising student I tend to put a lot of stock in wear-ability.
 
The second designer that I really admire is Amy Sarabi. I think that she is a very edgy designer and that she really has a grasp on innovation. Her potato sack dress was BRILLIANT and really should have won in my opinion.

 
What do you guys think? Who do you like the best?
I need to hear some Project Runway deliberation :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment