Monday, January 23, 2012

Eco-Desires

Ok, so here is something that I have decided this year...you know, the three weeks that have already passed by.

This year, for me, shall be the year of no consumerism.
Why is this?
Well, for starters, watch this video.
Ok, so this was definitely an inspiration for my quest for.....well, I don't really know if it would even be considered a quest...perhaps change? challenge? Just Because?
I have decided that this year I will not buy conventional clothes, shoes, accessories, beauty products or hair products.
Whoa Morghan, Whoa! How are you going to go a whole year without buying soap, shampoo, or shoes...ewwww!
Before you get too presumptuous, note that I did say no CONVENTIONAL shopping. I am allowing myself to shop at thrift/secondhand stores, and I will be making my own soaps, shampoos, deodorants, etc. which means that I will allow myself to buy organic ingredients for all of the above.
To be perfectly honest with you guys, I don't know exactly why I am doing this. I want to challenge myself to live "greener" and simpler. I want to do things that will better someone other than just myself. Over the last few months I have noticed the rampant spirit of consumerism in my life and, quite frankly, it disgusted me. I am in a position in life where I really need to save money. The list kinda goes on and on.
Also, as I mentioned before, I am in a bit of a creative rut...which I am working on getting out of, but this is one way that I can contribute to my Get Creative Project.
All in all, I just want to "renew my intentions" for all of you Yogis/ Earth Freaks out there. (Love you all, by the way and wish that I were more devoted like you guys).
So, if the next year you see me wearing the same outfit 5 times in a row, or you notice that my hair is looking a little funky, don't be alarmed. I am just going through a clothing cleanse, and trying to wash my hair with baking soda and apple cider vinegar.
Ai yi yi.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment