Sunday, November 7, 2010

Life

Don't you just love life?
This time of year I can't stop dancing. I have a constant rhythm in my head and it inspires me to move. I can be walking down the street and all of the sudden I will burst into a random jig. Don't be alarmed pedestrians, I am not crazy...well not entirely at any rate :)

I had a thought the other day, it might have possibly occurred when I was doing the aforementioned jigs, I never really grew up.
Yes it's true, I have the body of a 21 year old and the vocabulary of a lady from the 1800's, yet I have the attitude of a 8 year old. I am happy about everything. I love the simplest of things...not even kidding, I get the biggest kick out of bubbles, sparkly things, and any type of fun dessert. I actually like this about myself, I think it has enabled me to come at situations from a positive angle when nobody else can. Recently, however, I think I have discovered a downside to this frame of mind. I find that I am a little naive when it comes to certain things. I always picture happy endings on every type of situation, and when it doesn't happen I get my hopes crushed. I tend to think the absolute best of everyone. I don't get suspicious of people, and because of this I can sometimes get taken advantage of. I don't really know where I stand on this whole thing. Growing up my mom always used to tell me that keeping your heart and emotions tender and "vulnerable" was a good thing. She used to say that it would make you more perceptive and sensitive to others. On the other hand, how much heartbreak can one person take? Honestly, I'm a little tired of being walked all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment