Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Musings

I was talking to my aunt about this the other day and it has been on my mind lately. Self-Image can be a terrible thing. As women we have it really rough. For some reason we have horrid self-image. Now, some of you (supposed) readers might be protesting right now. "Not I! I love myself! I don't fit into that mold."
Pshaw.
It has been scientifically proven that women have worse self-esteem than men, and I know that each and every one of you at some time or another has downed on yourself about something.
Anyways, that was a little off topic.
What I want to know is, when did our perceptions get so warped? This conversation actually took place while looking at a coffee-table book of Renaissance paintings. For some reason, women today seem to think that we all have to fit into the same mold. Tall, thin, blond, tan, talkative, etc, etc. When did this become the norm? When did this become desirable? Do we honestly think that every man in the world is so shallow that he won't appreciate us for who we are? For that matter, why do we feel like we have to have a man in our lives in order to be considered beautiful?
I think I have just gotten to the point where I am so fed up with trying to fit into the standards that the world expects. I know this should have been a lesson that I learned long ago, but old habits die hard I guess.
Mom, if you read this....You were right ;)
I don't know if there really is a point to this post besides the fact that I felt like typing. I guess what I am trying to say is that we should be more focused on what God says about us then what the Society/Media/Everyone else says about us. You are the apple of God's eye. We are his favorite kids...all of us, and it's about time we (especially me) started embracing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment